Wellbeing Sarah's Sugar & Gluten Free Vegan Fruit Loaf
Latest recipe from food blogger @wellbeingsarah. Perfect for a bit of weekend baking.
• 150g ground almonds
• 150g gluten free SR flour (I used one from @aldiuk)
• 1 tsp baking powder & pinch salt
• 200ml almond milk
• 80g melted coconut oil
• 200g mixed chopped dried fruit - I used dates/ apricots and raisins.
• Zest 1 orange
• Juice 1/2 lemon
• 1 tsp vanilla or almond essence
• 50g nuts of your choice and more for the top.
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees C if fan assisted, 170 otherwise. Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
2. Mix the coconut oil and almond milk in a bowl along with the vanilla / almond essence.
3. Add lemon juice, orange zest & baking powder.
4. Sieve in the flour and add the ground almonds. Mix well.
5. Mix in the nuts and combine well.
6. Pour into a loaf tin, sprinkle with nuts of your choice and bake for 30mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool on a cooling rack & slice once cooled. Best eaten on the day but will keep in an air tight container for 5 days.
We have no doubt you will all enjoy this delicious fruit loaf from Sarah. If you would like to find out more about her, head over to her Facebook page.